Saturday, December 12, 2009

The End or Just the Beginning?

The game this week is either going to be the game that starts another December slide or it could be the game that springboards the Cowboys to a special season. I've thought long and hard about this game and I have no idea what to expect. I think the teams are pretty even but the Chargers have proven they can win big games in the late season and in the playoffs over the last few seasons. The Cowboys are going to have to defeat a seasoned team.

I will be at the game and I am going to do my best to help give the Cowboys the upper hand tomorrow. I wrote a few days ago that the crowd is the biggest asset for the Cowboys this week. I just hope the crowd comes to the game ready to make a difference.

I'm going into this game with a very odd feeling. I don't feel optimistic but I'm not pessimistic either. I could see either team winning this game. But I'm going to hope for the best a pick the Cowboys to win the game by a final score of 27-21 because they are the more desperate team this week.

5 comments:

  1. It's the end. I'm so sick of this. Ever since I can remember watching football, the Cowboys haven't been any good. (It was like '99 when I started watching the Cowboys) Then every single playoff game they were in, they lost. It just keeps getting worse. To be honest, there isn't a coach out there that I want. (Except for Jimmy Johnson) Cowher is too conservative, Mike Shanahan is overrated, but I still think Jimmy could do the job. If we do get new head coaches, it will be a few more years before we win in the playoffs. New coaches hardly ever have 1st year success. Disappointed is an understatement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's an open secret. It's not the coaches. It's the GM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the GM, he helped build 3 super bowl winner...along with Jimmy Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't been on fellow star defenders.

    Bad play calling. Mismanagement of resources. That sounds like coaching to me. We have miles austin and witten. They should be enough to work the ball down the field and score. Austin to get it down there. Witten to stuff it in the last few yards. The running game has been ugly since the injuries earlier in the year. I think they are great but they really need some downtime. Instead we try cramming Barber into the endzone twice. In a row. And looking back those 3 points would have tied the game up instead of going for it on the 4th.

    But off topic. Crayton and Williams need to be benched permanently in my opinion. They just simply don't have the want to win. They can catch a ball if its thrown perfectly to them and when it comes to after they catch the ball. They just don't try to get the big yardage. Look at the stats you'll see what i'm talking about.

    Austin started mid season really playing. And he has 999 yards recieving and Witten is right behind him with 700.(10 yards at a time baby! :))

    We have strengths and they are awesome but it seems we keep playing to our weakness. Which again is a coaching problem. (Ted Dundy needs to stop announcing and start coaching my boys.)

    I could be off base.. reply back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if we do get a new coach, don't fire Wade completely. Just demote him to strictly defensive cord. Although i agree coaching is an issue in some respect, i don't think our entire football system is so flawed it needs completely scraped and start from scratch. if we did scrap the whole operation by fireing wade and garret, i can almost gurantee it would be another couple years before we get to the playoffs or beyond. wade is a good defensive cord. but he's just not a great head coach. our other big issue right now is kicker. folk doesn't need cut, he needs benched for a few games to get his head right again. i think the offseason surgery affected him more than he's admitting.

    ReplyDelete