Saturday, November 6, 2010

Still Hoping for a Win

I'm certainly not expecting an upset win this weekend. In fact, I would be fooling myself if I tried to say I have any realistic expectation of the Cowboys winning the game against the Packers on Sunday night.

But that doesn't mean I can't hope. The Cowboys have lost four straight games and the negativity has become demoralizing. I'm sick of the bad jokes being directed at the team and at me specifically. I know one win won't stop that from happening any more this season but it will at least quiet it down.

I can't simply throw in the towel and start hoping for the #1 pick in the draft. Giving up is just simply not in my DNA. And I hope the Cowboys players feel the same way. Last week didn't indicate that the players are still trying but maybe they will show some pride this week.

Like Roy Williams said, the season isn't completely over until the Cowboys are mathematically eliminated. They still could technically win 9 straight games and make the playoffs. It isn't likely, but there is still a chance. And I won't give up on that tiny glimmer of hope until it is completely gone.

With that said, I am still expecting a loss. I think the players will give a better showing this week, but beating the Packers at Green Bay is too much to ask of this team this season. I predict a 27-17 loss for the Cowboys but I hope I am wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Can't hold out for a draft pick. There are actually bad teams in the NFL. I doubt the Bill swill win one at this point.

    Cowboys are out of the hunt. They need to look to next year at this point. McGee in. Garrett and Phillips Out. Put Jones Jr. in charge of the franchise and let Jerry watch the games he paid for.

    Run, Run, Run. They may not be able to make the playoffs unless a miricle happens but they have plenty of games in division to play spoiler to the 'skins and shegulls.

    Put some new blood in and let them play the freaking game. Enjoy playing and stop the damn penalties.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. romo2witten,

    I have been following your blog for about 2 to 2.5 years. I enjoy your articles, thoughts, ideas and assumptions. I hope you continue to keep writing this blog, the Cowboys are worth every second of your time. I'm like you, I'm a realiest, however in the same breath, I keep that glimmer of hope that the Cowboys can turn the tables and make a run to the playoffs. Do I think it will happen? No. But, my heart tells me not to give up. I grew up a cowboys fan and I bleed blue and gray. In my house growing up, if you didn't pull for the Cowboys or UT, your azz was grass. Anyway, the only point I'm trying to make is, your not alone and keep on doing what your doing, plenty of us read what you say and appreciate your thoughts.

    Kindest Regards,

    Good Luck tonight!
    Go Cowboys!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. WBF

    Sorry r2w on your loss. But I remain happy. To me this is how the season should play out.

    I think a little humble pie is in order and everyone needs to take a bite.

    But more than that I am hoping that Wade Phillips gets fired. Kitna is taken out and McGee(future of the team) is in. Lets see what he can do on the professional level. If he doesn't work out cut him and kitna and get a backup that won't leave us screwed in the future. I think we got romo for at least 5 more years and I'm happy about that.

    But lets get dez some reps in. Lets look at getting williams, dez, austin in there and triple threating the Defense.

    Quad if you include Witten. But really If you have noticed Witten has been down the field more than usual. Need to pull him back and let him block for kitna like he does for romo on occassion.

    Wade Phillips is reportedly fired. We will see today at 4. Cross your fingers 'Boys fans.

    ReplyDelete